Gala Day - 2013 - 22nd June 2013
SATURDAY, 22nd June 2013
For the 2013 Kington Festival there will be a new look Gala Day, which will be a fun-packed day of exciting events and items of interest for Kington folk and visitors alike, starting with the traditional Carnival Procession.
The parade will proceed through the High Street to the Recreation Ground where the prizes will be awarded and the entertainment continues. The afternoon programme is currently being worked on, but the plan is to have a lot of different displays, events, competitions using the whole of the recreation grounds beautiful space. A celebration of Kington and its people, for its people.
With a mini fun fare, stalls and a licensed bar there is something for everyone. Relax with hot and cold snacks or local summer strawberries & cream provided by Kington Lions who will also organise their traditional Duck Race.
- Children's football tournament (8 teams)
- MiniBeer Festival & bar, with working apple press
- Dog-show - family / pet friendly (not a professional-type dog show)
- Quick-cricket tournament
- Kington Display (all things Kington to be proud of)
- Craft stands (mainly local)
- Plants & horticultural stands
- Local Charities & voluntary groups
displays / stands (unconfirmed)
- Martial arts display
- Various dance displays
- Vintage machinery / vehicles display
- Bouncy Castles etc.
- Carnival floats procession
- Gala Day opening by Lord Lieutenant of Herefordshire
- Catering - Teas / coffees / cakes stalls / Burgers&BBQ / Donuts / Bar snacks at the Cricket Club